Friday, November 28, 2008

Just me and my kid day

I am so thankful to God for giving me the relationship I have with my son. Today, we both were up well before dawn and on the road to St. Louis....to go shopping, together, just the two of us. We started this tradition when he was in a stroller and being in Pennsylvania, and the only people I really knew worked for Walmart (get the picture there was NOBODY off that day to babysit), I would just drag him along with me. Today, he drove me, so I guess the tables have turned a little. One year, I left him with my mom so I could shop for him, I went by myself and I was miserable (not to mention I got a speeding ticket on my way that morning that I kept a secret for over a year)...Anyway, I treasure each year that he still wants to go along. We don't really Christmas shop, we just bargain shop and eat, and visit and enjoy each other. Today was no exception. He was asked Sunday if we were taking his girlfriend, his reply: "Nope, it's a Mom and me day". It was a wonderful day for me, and I think it was for him too. (and driving to St. Louis Mills wasn't nearly the white knuckle experience for us this time!)

No comments: