Wednesday, March 7, 2012

1 minute cake--no kidding

While visiting Andrew's Grandma, she shared a recipe with me that is unbelievable!

Start with 1 Angel Food cake mix and 1 other cake mix, any flavor-- I chose Devil's food.


 Mix the two mixes together in a gallon ziplock bag.


Put 3 level tablespoons of mix in a small dessert bowl. I think my Longaberger ones are 6 oz.



Add 2 tablespoons of water




stir just until mixed.

Microwave for 1 minute--my microwave is a 1200W and 1 minute was perfect.

It's not beautiful but I tipped it out on a plate:




You could top it with ice cream, or whipped cream, or fruit.  These two mixes yielded 75 TBSP, so it works out to 132 calories for this cake.  It is not overly sweet, but still sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.


I also made a "double" in a Longaberger mug. I used 6TBSP mix, 4TBSP water and still microwaved 1 minute.....





Robert took his out and topped it with strawberry syrup.

No comments: