Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back to "The Good Ole Days"

For 6 years, from the time Robert started Jr. High until he graduated, I doubt if there were ever 3 nights in a row that I was home. I read a fiction chick lit book that the lead character had the misinformed notion that there was love, family and career--choose two, but don't ever believe you could have all three because something would have to be sacraficed. I feel I proved that wrong, in a big way.  I would manage to make it home from a successful day of work, fix a good meal, get to a parent meeting, and come home and snuggle up with my husband. It was great. People at work would shake their heads and say I needed to slow down. I personally knew the day was coming all too soon that I would slow down; not by choice but because my one and only grew up. I have had many, many nights free since May and I don't regret those either. In fact, looking at what is coming up, I am wondering to myself just how I pulled it off--I get an answer loud and clear though, the Lord knew this was something I wanted and He let me have it. I am so very, very thankful to Him for giving me the strength and stamina to do everything I wanted to.

Now, I get to relive those days. It actually started yesterday. Tuesday was our last night home for over a week and I chose to have us get out of the house and go out for supper. Oh well, just added to the old times thing. But last night was AWANA, I didn't come home from work, just went and did a few things at church, went to my moms for supper and then went in for AWANA. Robert's last ballgame to play at was last night so I had to do all his stuff at AWANA. It isn't hard, just makes me nervous. So I got home for the day at 8:30 last night.

I have several projects going on at work right now, I am getting ready for Computer classes we may or may not have, depending on the interest. Our Weatherization guys have their conference next week and I am working with them on two powerpoint presentations. I thought I had them almost done and yesterday we reworked both of them. Finishing the changes on one is my first project this morning. I have also been asked to work with one other lady in the state and work on training videos and a user manual for the program we started last fall. I am extremely honored by this. Then there is just the day-in, day-out part of my job that goes on. I am leaving at noon tomorrow for a weeks vacation, so I have tons of getting ready to be gone too.

Tonight we need to get everything gathered up and ready for our AWANA Grand Prix. Andrew and I have always ran this day. It is a car race like the Scouts Pinewood Derby. In fact, our first track came from the Scout Pack that Andrew and I were involved with. The race is Saturday and with Andrew being on a weight limit, we have to try to work around him. 

Tomorrow, I am taking off at noon and Andrew has a doctor's appointment at 1:50, the followup to his surgery. He hasn't been released to drive yet. Tomorrow evening is Robert's band and jazz band concert at 7:30.

Saturday is Grand Prix day, Pits open at 10:30, which is when people will start bringing thier cars in to weigh and see if they are good to go. The race actually starts at 1:00, it will be a busy, busy day and then Robert has a repeat of the concert from Friday night. This could possably be his last concert because he is thinking very strongly about not doing band next year.

Sunday, things slow back down a bit, we have church that morning and evening and need to pack for a couple days away in between.  Monday morning, we drop Robert's car off at the body shop and head for Brookfield MO to see Andrew's grandma for a couple of days. Mom will be here taking care of our very spoiled animals.

We should be home late Tuesday night and I have already made plans to turn the alarm off Wednesday morning. The guys make fun of me because as hard as I will try, I will be wide awake by 6 AM, which is still "sleeping in" compared to the 4:10 that I normally get up to.

I got new bedding and curtains for our bedroom so the rest of my vacation is going to be tearing that room apart, cleaning and putting it back together. "Spring Cleaning" at its finest.

Okay, so now that I am tired just reading this, it's time to get ready for work.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: