Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring...FINALLY!

What a great weekend! I know it's been a while so I'll try to catch everybody up.

 As far as the Humira, I've had my loading injections, my two injections two weeks later, and did my first regular injection last Wednesday. So it's honestly only been four weeks but a glorious four weeks! I am so very excited about how much better I feel and even though I won't go into graphic detail it is very clear that it is working. So my next goal is to head for the big R word – – – remission. 

As far as what's been going on in our lives, it's been a borderline zoo. I've been in Springfield three days in the last two weeks and going again this coming Thursday. Then I skip a week and go for three days. One meeting I was at felt like it kept being stalled, but the last meeting I was at was really good. We've got some new leadership at the state level and I think things are really starting to come together. Hoping the meeting this week is very productive too. When I go to Springfield for three days will be for the annual IACAA conference. This is the one that starts out with the family of distinction, you've heard me talk about it before, my favorite night of the year.

 We've also been extremely busy at work because Ameren has a moratorium through the winter months and doen not shut off. Moratorium ended at midnight on March 31. So everybody is getting shut off. 

Robert has been staying very busy also. He hasn't been making it home before dark a lot of nights. Andrew has been working six days a week lately ( if my father-in-law is reading this, you can say I told you so.) he has been working on a good size tiling job but it is turning out beautifully. I think at the moment he has four clients lined up. I told him this morning when he got down to two I would start praying for the phone to ring again. He told me to start praying right now.

 This weekend has been absolutely gorgeous and we finally got our yard mowed, some trimming done, and the rocks cleaned out around our house. Andrew and I set fire to the big brush pile in our backyard last night and decided while we had a fire we might as well have hotdogs and Smore's. That was a fun little mini date night. So today has been pretty decent, The house is all cleaned up and ready for the week, I made homemade noodles and turkey for lunch and Andrew is making peanut butter pancakes as I work on this. 

Hope everybody is having a great time with this wonderful weather looks like we could have some rain by the end of the week. We'll take all the sunshine we can get when we can get it. 

My mom seems to be doing a little better too, her arm is looking much better. Her biggest problem is she isn't being able to work as hard as she used to and that bugs her. She says she doesn't understand why there are days she feels old. Andrew just hollered that supper was ready so I better get. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!.

No comments: