Tuesday, August 18, 2015

48

When I was a kid, I never really imagined being 48, or more practical to imagine, 50. I truly believed something would happen to me and I would die young. I have no clue why I thought that but I truly couldn't imagine life beyond a year or two ahead, especially before Andrew and Robert. I think, and some of you will think this is weird, I was more prepared to die then than now. I remember very specifically telling a friend of mine that dying wasn't a big deal; Heaven would be fantastic and I would be with the Lord, here was okay, but there would be great. (That particular friend was agnostic, and I lost track of him for a few years, then I heard he had passed away--his services were in a church, so I PRAY that means he had changed his mind about God). And then I met Andrew.....and started those fantasies of growing old together. I still am most definitely not afraid to die, and I still know I will go to Heaven, but there are days that I want to see the next page before I go. I'm at that point. I hope I get to see my son married, and happy, ( and living in the blessed house that is going on 2+ years in the remaking). I am even starting to be hopeful of seeing grandkids someday.

Anyway.......yesterday was number 48. I started out the day with a mile walk, the 5th one of the week, today, I upped it to 1.5. We went to church, went to lunch at my cousin's nephew's place and then to my mom's and I helped, or supervised or something, while the guys laid new linoleum on her back porch. We got done in time to get home for a little rest before church last night. It was a good day, made golden by the fact that my mom made me a carrot cake. My favorite.

We really started celebrating Saturday, as Andrew needed to go to Evansville to pick up a flooring order. That meant we were going to be in the same town as the Acropolis, and I thought it was an opportune time to take advantage of a date night. I love working date nights like that. I love watching Andrew live his dream and being there beside him as he does. It was good to just be in the van together and visit for a while, we even stopped and got ice cream cones in Sumner on our way home, just a fun afternoon.

I had a yard sale that morning, my goal was $200 and I made $198, not bad, not bad at all.

So today, I go back to work and got to celebrate one more time. The girls I work with all brought in goodies for breakfast this morning. I love my job, and half of the reason I do is because of the people I work with. When they can make a Monday morning, especially the first one back from vacation, feel special, they are good-- really good. I also had presents waiting on me, conference calls just got a lot more fun because Sheila got me my own little dodads that I can fiddle with while listening.
(I tried to upload a picture, with a no-go, will try later)



So, now I have two weeks of whirlwind, let's see if 48 can keep up like 47 did, my bet is on a yes. We have an AWANA conference tomorrow, church Wednesday, Band Thursday, media night Friday AND a friend is coming to sit a spell on the porch, Saturday we are taking our family day to southern Indiana, (and Owensboro KY for some Moonlite BBQ). Sunday we are having a fish fry at church and Monday, we are all taking the day off and hauling Rock into the spaces around our house. Next Tuesday night, I am having a GNO with some friends, then Church and Band again and the 28th I have nothing going on.....yet......gonna be fun.

So, it's a little after 9 and I better be hitting the hay.....Here's to getting to 49.

Happy Monday,





No comments: