Monday, August 31, 2015

Catching up the blog, bullet-style

I hate it when I get so far behind and there really has been things happening. Ugh!
I had already decided that I would spend my lunch hour trying to catch up August before September set in. I had also decided that it would be a bullet-point/ pictures post because of lots to say and not much time to say it in. Ironically, my timehop showed me a blogpost I did last year, on this same date, and lo and behold, I was doing the same thing, in bullets, no less.
Anyway, we have had SO MUCH going on the last 10 days and I really want to get it preserved, so, here goes....
  • On Friday evening August 21st, my friend, Karen came for a sit on the porch. It was so good to catch up with her. She is an operating room nurse, so I got to hear lots of really neat stories. Glad she likes to do that, because as much as it's needed, that would have to be one of those things I would say I probably couldn't do. We had a wonderful visit and what I thought was actually about an hour was really 3, definitely one of the nights where the quote from the end of Stand By Me applies, about not ever having friends like you had when you were twelve. I am so very glad Karen is one of those friends and look forward to her stopping by again!

  • On August 22nd, we headed to Indiana for a family day, we stopped at a great little hole-in-the-wall diner in Vincennes for breakfast, took in the farmer's market there and then headed south. On our way out of town, we saw the Military museum, which intrigued the guys, and since it was really just one of those, we are going to do whatever we want days, we stopped. 3 hours later, we were back on the road. After taking a detour to see where the watermelon bus was going, we headed to Santa Claus, IN. We took in the museum there as well as the post office, church and the Christmas store. I got a belated birthday present in that Andrew found me a Willow Tree holding a gray cat.-- Perfect.

  • We then went on to Owensboro KY to one of our favorite BBQ joints, Moonlite Inn. Always good, it was great! After making a quick trip to Harbor Freight and Menards, we were homeward bound. Great day!
  • On the 23rd, we had a fish fry and carry-in at our church. David and Leslie Heath caught the fish (tons of it) and Mark Ervin fried it up, it was wonderful!
  • We didn't have church that night, so we got to start preparing for the real work ahead of us the next day. Robert was on vacation, so Andrew and I both took the day off and we put down 5.5 tons (yes that is 11,000 lbs!) of rock around two sides of our house. This was my real birthday present from Andrew; my mom also had given me money for my b-day and it went to buy some of the barrier and trim.
  • Monday was also Robert's birthday, his only present, which he asked for MONTHS ago, a pair of Ray-Bans. The main reason he wanted them, and wanted these in particular? There was a pair of them in my dad's truck when Robert first inherited it. My dad never had a beard, but I know by looking at Robert what he would have looked like if he did. The glasses are really nice.
 
  • On the 27th, I went for my second week of band, we almost doubled in size, going from 6 to 11 and there was another flautist! and I was no longer the oldest one there! Double good things!
  • On the 29th, I attended a two hour introduction to some different fitness classes being offered by our local Dance Hall Studio, what fun....I'm won two free classes of Holy Yoga; a regular class and a restorative class. Taking the regular one tomorrow night, the restorative is offered the 4th Tuesday, I thought I was going to be gone for it, but I just realized, I'm actually out of town on the 5th Tuesday, it's all good.
These were kinda long bullets, but oh well,

Here's some shorter ones.

 
  • In my own "recommit to fit", I have lost 5 lbs in August and logged 28.2 miles in morning walks.
  • I am walking 2 miles on workdays, 1 mile on Saturday and hopefully 3 mile on Sundays starting this coming Sunday.
  • We get to start LIHEAP October 1, normally , we start September 1, but better late than never, especially this year.
That's it, all caught up, bring on September!

No comments: