Sunday, February 21, 2016

Ahhh...

I had been looking forward to this weekend for so long that I was afraid I might have hyped myself up too much and I would end up being disappointed. I just don't think that will ever truly happen when I get to spend time with my oldest and dearest friends. I left my house at 6:15 on Saturday morning headed to my friend Valerie's house in Onargo, Illinois.I met Tammy there and Valerie drove us into Chicago to Dani's house. From there, Dani took us downtown to the Art Institute. We ate at Potbelly's before getting in line for the art Institute. There is a temporary exhibit of Vincent Van Gogh's Bedroom paintings. This was the first time the three versions have ever been together in the US, and we got to see it! We spent some time standing in line, but it was seriously not a problem to any of us, it just gave us more time to visit. I wrote on my other blog that there is just something different about getting together with these girls. It is totally when I can drop my guard, let my hair down and just be me. These girls know more about me than anyone- even if we go for a while without talking. Anyway, loved the exhibit, took in some other sections of the place then headed back towards Dani's. I know none of us really wanted to leave but we knew we had to get on the road. We left Chicago at 6 and I made it back to my house at 9;58. Oh, also, just for the record, it was over 60° on the 20th of February. And you are welcome, I know of 4 ladies who prayed hard for good weather and God blessed us. 

Tonight was our family night/ Valentine's banquet at church.  We played Bible trivia before our meal. Our team won (yeah us!) and then Mike Saathoff catered our meal. Just a great time. So my weekend was everything I wanted it to be and I am pumped to start a new week. My plans are to be in my own office all week- we'll see how that works out. 

Hope everyone had a fantabulous week!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: