Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Nice Quiet Week...How Interesting-NOT!!

Last night, Andrew commented that I hadn't updated my blog forever, it had only been since Friday but whatever..... Honestly, it has been quiet around here this week, which is a change. It's funny, my December looks more manageable than the last few months and there are a lot more nights at home. Last Saturday night, Tika came over and we all watched a movie together, last night was Awana, we are holding steady with 9 faithful teenagers, 3 of them were at my house after school, which I am also used to now, I just make crockpot suppers on Wednesday so there is plenty for whoever shows up.

Friday afternoon is our work Christmas party, it's at Richard's Farm, so that should be good. Friday night, I am playing my flute uptown from 6-6:45 for Holly Jolly Christmas, it just dawned on me this morning that I am probably going to need a flashlight, so that's on my to do list. Saturday will be mine and Andrew's 17th Anniversary. Robert is going with Tika and her family shopping, so we have the whole day alone. What do old married folks do when they have a day alone together? Probably decorate for Christmas, which I still haven't gotten done. Of course, Andrew has to work Friday night so Saturday morning he will want to get a few hours of sleep. The guys are neither one willing to put up the outside lights without the other one so I guess that is happening Sunday afternoon. See, how exciting is all of that?? Believe me, it's kinda nice but kinda strange all at the same time. I am so used to having to be 2 and 3 places at once that I feel like I am forgetting things I am supposed to be doing. Of course, I am looking very forward to the week of Christmas, I take vacation from the 23rd to the 5th. When I first planned it, we had thought about flying out to see Andrew's dad, then we found out he was coming to Andrew's Grandma's so that was out. Now, I just have some time at home, which is rare --I already have several projects planned though. Okay, now I am babbling, it's time to get on with this day...Happy Thursday!!

No comments: