Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A few of my Favorite Things

Our Christmas tree has evolved over the years, from that first all white and silver tree to the memories of our life, recorded in little pieces of glass, plastic, a little bit of metal and a lot of sentiment.This was the ornament we got Robert to commemerate him getting Lizzy, 2005.
This was an ornament a coworker got me the year we got Chrissy, also 2005.

I LOVE the St. Louis Science Center, I LOVE St, Louis. The bow around the Science Center is a big tradition in St. Louis. It started out as a prank by some U of St. Louis students, but has turned into a holiday tradition. This also reminds me of the day my mom rode to St. Louis with me for one reason, and one reason only--to get this ornament.


One of many ornaments Robert made at school, he wasn't very happy that day, was he?



This was one of the last ornaments my mom and dad bought before my dad died. We were in Terre Haute at Walgreens, in the mall. Mom bought them to hang on the chadelier in our living room.

This was one of the ornaments Andrew bought for our first tree.


This is an ornament that belonged to his mom and dad.


This ornament was given to me by Creative C, yes, there is a story behind it-ask either one of us, I am sure she remembers too, but I have redeemed myself because she loves my enchiladas.
I hang it on my tree each year, thankful that I know I have one friend who will tell me the truth even if I don't want to hear it.

My most prized ornament, my tree topper, she turned 51 this year. My mom gave it to us our second Christmas, Robert's first, she decided it was time it be passed on. She told us of the first year she and Dad were married, they didn't have much but they went to the woods and got a tree. They bought the angel and it was our family tree topper from that year on. Every year, I hold my breath as we plug her in to see if she lights; every year, she hesitates for just a second then she comes on. I am thankful that I know Andrew will rewire her the first year she doesn't but the fact that her little lights have burned faithfully for our family through my entire life just means something special.






1 comment:

Mrs. Carr said...

You know I love ya...your enchiladas are the best!