Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Merry Christmas

Would you believe I have started to post today about 4 times. Each time I realized what I was saying was really not what I wanted people to read. I was just venting. I do not even know the Riedle family but I am heartsick for them. I don't understand why...I know we aren't supposed to question, but how can we not. Every time I started to post, it sounded like I was feeling sorry for myself and for my mom for going through life without my dad...and I was...so I would delete it and walk away.
Now, I am just praying for them and hoping they find the peace that I have finally found today.

Christmas was busy at our house, Robert spent his, I believe 4th Christmas in bed (we have had two in the ER, so at least we weren't there), he started throwing up about 10 Wednesday evening, shortly after my sis and bro-in-law got here. He spent the entire time anyone was here, in bed, asleep. He got up about a half an hour last night, long enough to take a shower and go back to bed. I had Sis call my niece and nephew and tell them he was sick in case they didn't want to walk into it but they came down for a little while yesterday afternoon anyway. He didn't come out so I'm pretty sure the germs were contained and I Lysoled so hopefully we are good. He was up and around this morning, much better--this is how he has always gotten a stomach bug, 24 hours of puking and sleeping then fit as a fiddle. He went to Tika's this evening so I hope he is really fine, he ate good today though so I think he is. Andrew is at work, would you believe they had to set Valentine's Day last night. Whatever.
I have been trying to figure out how far behind I am with scrapbooking and trying to get motivated to do some pages, I don't think it is happening tonight. Somehow, I am booking up my next week too, I really think vacation is going to go too quickly, now you can all laugh around Wednesday when I say I am ready to go back to work!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I think we all got a dose of remembering to be thankful for what we have and for those who are close to us- we never know what tomorrow holds, or the next 10 seconds for that matter. After my dad had his first heart attack, my mom didn't want him to leave the house. He kept telling her, "Honey, none of us know when we wake up in the morning if we will be alive to sit down to dinner that night." I try to live my life remembering that-don't miss any opportunities to let people know you love them. I love you guys and am really thankful for the technology that lets us know what is up in each other's lives. Take care, and may 2009 bring brighter days for all of us!

No comments: