Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Very Welcome "Day off"

I had already decided last night that if there was no school today, I would take a personal day at work. I had 7 more hours coming before the end of the year, but considering I am taking vacation in a week, I had originally decided just to add it to the vacation time. I have to admit though, the number of things I wanted to get done around here was mounting up and Saturday is out of the question. So, I was up at my normal time, 4 a.m. to start my rebel day, please note, I can't tell you when I have EVER taken a day off just to take a day off, my last day off was the 6th of July and that was because I had a periodontist appointment in Terre Haute. Then, Susie from the office called and said the office was closed, so I don't even have to use any of my time!!
I have had THE BEST day! My house is cleaned, my craft projects for my coworkers are all done (which HAD to be done by Friday), my pantry is stocked, my laundry is done and it is 8:28 p.m. and I could actually go to bed guilt-free. I told Andrew I thought maybe I wanted to quit my job and stay home. He laughed, he thinks I will be a nutcase by the time my vacation is over because that is something else I have NEVER done- taken a vacation and just stayed at home. He is probably right, but I have a million plans, and if every day is like today, it is going to be great!

1 comment:

Blair Bunch said...

That is such a good feeling to have everything done! I'm glad you had a great day!