Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Sister, The Freelancer

I got an e-mail from my sister, Nila, yesterday, telling me to go to the Lincoln Daily News website and look at the Kenseth car picture, then at the Lincoln-Douglas debate story. When I saw the NASCAR name, I assumed I was looking because Richard would be in the picture, but I didn't know what the other would be about. So, I opened the page and sure enough, there was my brother-in-law looking at the Kenseth car, but at the bottom it said "Picture and Caption by Nila Smith". Then I turned over to the Lincoln-Douglas Debate story, which was a really nice big article and low and behold, it was by Nila also! When she was in high school, writing was her big thing, in fact she wrote several columns for the Newton Press called "The Bridge", which was created to "bridge the gap" between the community and the high school, basically telling the human interest side of High School. Now she has come full circle and is back to writing. I have to tell you it is really cool! Congratulations Sis!

No comments: