Friday, November 21, 2008









Here they are, the parade that was a year to date ago. Last year, it was the day before Thanksgiving, and pardon the pun but everything seemed to be "magical". I think it is funny that Robert marched in the middle of the tubas last year, eventhough he played trumpet. He is now part of the lower brass section-must of been a precursor of things to come. I thought it was funny because I was a rover for all four years, I marched where there was a hole farther up toward the front of the band, I marched in the trumpet section many times, and if there wasn't any holes for that particular parade, I would march between two of the bass drums, that was interesting on narrow streets.
This has been a whale of a week, I am SO GLAD it is Friday, I feel like I've "made it" through something although I have a million different directions to go today too. I do love being busy and I love the fact that my job is so diverse I never know where it is going to lead me. This week, it led me a lot of places, and it felt like all at once. The nice thing is, at 4:00 this evening, I am going to have everything I planned to have finished done and everything everyone else had planned for me to accomplish done also. That actually makes for a great weekend!
Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what a difference in the uniforms. And yes it is a magical place. That must have been awesome to walk down the streets and be a real part of the magic. I cant wait to go back.