Friday, November 14, 2008

Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Anyone who is waiting until tonight to go to the Pops Concert- you will not be disappointed (Sarah, I think Jack will be mesmerized). Every year, those kids, and Mrs. Conour just simply amaze me. I brought my boss, Brenda and my friend Sharon from work. They were both quite impressed- this was Brenda's second year of coming, so she was excited from the get-go. Last year, one of my friends from work came and asked if these kids were really all from Jasper county. It IS hard to believe there is so much talent in one little community. I have pictures but thought I would save them until tomorrow plus I want to take a few more tonight.

Last year, Robert was part of the chorus and did little more than move the microphones in the dark. This year, he is one of the dancers in the second song and has a one line solo at the end. I wanted him to try out for a solo this year but he said that would be more his place next year, so I am going to hold him to it.

When you see these kids, remember that probably at least half of them are in band and we just came off of a big marching season with practices every Tuesday and Thursday night since the second week of August. The first Tuesday night that there wasn't band practice, they all went to school and worked on this concert (and have spent many more hours there since). I am amazed in a world where so many teens are into things they shouldn't be that we have so many brilliant young people who excel at the good things. I also am amazed at how tight knit they are. You can see this in their performances. There is just no way around it, in my eyes, our kids are AWESOME!!!

Remember, 7:00 tonight, five bucks will get you in, see you there!!!

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

Can't wait. The very first thing Jack said this morning was "is it time to go to the concert?"