Saturday, November 8, 2008

Little Tidbits of Information

To say a lot has happened this week would be an understatement. Anyone who doesn't realize how political my job is, doesn't know my job very well so of course, we watch the elections, down to the state senate elections with great interests (probably the main reason we are given the entire day off to vote, we can't watch any of this from work without violating grants). We had some proven friends of our cause elected back into office this week (both Democrat and Republican) along with some newcomers who have told us they believe in us. This is a good thing. Some things to watch for now is what happens at the higher levels. It has been rumored for many months that our IL HFS Deputy Director Charles Jackson might be on the list to go to Washington, this blows my mind, he sat beside me at lunch at our last LIHEAP conference, he is one of us, it's a little surreal to me (why didn't I take pictures?????). Then, this week, the list for replacement of the Senate seat came out, on the list is Cheryle Jackson, Charles' wife. Hmmm......
Watch and see, also on the list is Attoney General Lisa Madigan, who spoke at my FCD graduation, and who also, happen to sit at our table for dinner that night.

One other big thing happening in my life of having famous friends, if any of you watch Extreme Makeover Home Edititon, this weekend, the house is in St. Louis and a friend of mine Teresa Wellbaum went to help on this, she is the office manager for Head Start and works just down the hall from me. She said it was a very rewarding experience and encouraged us all, given the chance, to take it. She said she worked on the boys room, if you watch the show. I don't get an ABC station anymore, I really hate that.

Last but not least, we are leaving in a few hours to take the kid to get his license, he has been talking about this day since he was 6. I used to tell him it was a long way off, now I remember telling him that like it was yesterday, why has this went by so fast???

On a lighter note, the bloom is still on the cactus (that sounds like some kind of secret code, doesn't it??? LOL). Hopefully, it will open in a day or two.

No comments: