Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie

I had a request for the recipe for Peanut Butter Pie and since I hadn't posted anything to pinterest for a while, and since I have tweaked this recipe to make it faster than the one I originally had, I thought I would just post it here.





First off, here is the original recipe, from kraft.com. I haven't changed it a bunch, just made it easier to get it put together quicker and with stuff I have on hand more easily.
So here's mine:

1 Oreo pie crust
1 pkg Oreo cookies (Peanut Butter ones, if available)
2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 8 oz. pkg. Cool Whip
chocolate syrup (in a squirt top bottle--aka, Hershey's syrup)

I get the pie crust in my own pie pan by carefully lifting the tinfoil lip, turning it upside down and carefully lifting off the tinfoil. I then hold on to the plastic as I put my pie plate over the crust and flip it over. That being said, with the bigger pie plate, I smash the sides down into the bottom more and then line the edges of the pie plate with Oreos. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth and well blended. Using a large spoon, fold in Cool Whip until smooth and well mixed.

Spoon into pie crust, starting in the center of the pie, let the chocolate syrup just drizzle out of the bottle in a gradually larger circle. Take a toothpick and lightly draw through the circles from center to outside to make a web pattern. Place 8 Oreos on the top, equally spaced.

Chill for at least 4 hours, serve. Makes 8 servings.



2 comments:

Preemie mom said...

Thanks Mindy for posting this. I think Derald would like this. Might make it this weekend.
Christina

Browningblog said...

No problem! Enjoy!