Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to the Grind

I am addicted to my job, I don't think there is any way around it. I have missed it this week and quite honestly, have stayed in touch with what is going on through emails, phone calls, etc. So tomorrow morning gets me back into my regular routine which I am looking forward to. Tomorrow morning, I will get ready for work, Robert will get ready for school and we will be out the door at 7:30, yep, good times. Andrew works late tomorrow so he will still be in bed but it will be the new normal routine for Monday mornings around here, until someone changes our lives on us again.

We got my birthday celebrated, Andrew bought me the Cusinart Griddler I had been wanting since last Christmas, Robert got me a new Nine West purse, yes, I picked it out and he paid for it, but it is perfect, Mom got me a new pair of fall boots too so I am all set. We ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise and I did really well with tracking the Weight Watcher points. I am actually looking forward to a good weigh-in tomorrow evening.

Had a short visit with my sis and BIL yesterday. They made it down for the afternoon. The Lincoln Balloon festival is next weekend and it is the first time in years we haven't went but this year it just wasn't going to work. Robert has to work and he and I are going to see The Lion King the next weekend so he didn't want to take off two weeks in a row. To top it off, Friday is his birthday so I didn't want to be gone on his birthday even if he does have to work. We are planning on actually celebrating Saturday after Andrew gets off work. We took him to Harbor Freight for a shopping spree last Thursday so he already has most of his presents but we still want to at least go out for lunch, I know we will end up at B-dubs, his favorite place.

We are trying to protect October 7th, we had such a perfect day last year, we are looking forward to it again. I am needing to close down the summer bucket list and start a fall one, some stuff will carry over, some will not. We have several things around here that needs taken care of and I think putting it on the bucket list may help. A major one is the tree in the front yard coming down before it blows down.

So, today we have church and tonight is our Sunday School picnic and swimming party. Ironically after being so hot most of the summer, I am afraid it may be a little chilly for an evening swim but we will see.

Will probably make a WW post Monday night or Tuesday morning, as I said, I am looking forward to this week's. I believe I am well on my way to my second goal of another 5 lb star by Labor Day.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: