Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vacation Day 1

To say yesterday didn't go as planned is probably the understatement of the year. In fact, I have decided that if the next 24 hours of my vacation go like the last 24 has went, I will be back at work by Wednesday. I didn't sleep at all Sunday night. My baby boy was going through some tough stuff and I, typical mom, worried for him while he tried to sleep. He broke up with Kelly yesterday and it was really hard on him. The worst thing is it is just over situations beyond their control and not anything she did or he did. Then to top it off, his best friend that always helped pick up the pieces is half way around the world in Korea. So I tried to play stand-in. When the going gets tough, after a lot of prayer, the tough go shopping. He needed some new jeans for school so we ran to the outlet mall at Tuscola before going to Effingham for my Weight Watchers meeting. He ended up with 4 new pair of jeans and 5 new shirts so it was a good trip and hopefully helped take his mind off stuff for a while but it was still a stressful day on him and I'm sure it will be for a while. Thankfully school starts Thursday and he can pour his mind into that.

My weight watchers meeting went well, I lost another 1.4 lbs, so a total of 5.4 lbs. I have had some victories this week like managing to go out to eat several times and still lose weight because I planned. I still say part of it is sharing with everyone here that I'm doing it. I got a star at the meeting for my 5 lb mark. My goal is to hit the next 5 lb mark in three meetings. They try to strive that a healthy, lasting weight lose is 1-2 lbs a week so I should be able to make my goal. I am still really motivated and I have to tell you, all the little technology things sure do make it more fun. I just think it is funny how very differently I am looking at this whole situation this time. It is something I get to do, eventhough I know it is something I have to do. I guess the thing is, I have proven to myself before that I CAN do it if I just WILL do it and this time, I am bound and determined that I WILL.

Then we come to last night when Andrew came home from work. He announced that he thinks he will be laid off after Labor Day. Okay, so I was up night before last worried about Robert and last night I stayed up praying God would take over the worry about Andrew. Andrew got home at 11:30 and had switched with a guy so he had to be back up at 3, so he went to bed. I sat there for about 20 minutes by myself and prayed before I just could hear God telling me, "I took care of you before and you are doubting me now?" but I also heard Him say, "If you don't believe me, plug it into your budget". So, sure enough, I sat down with the budget (that is currently done through next March) and when I take his paycheck totally out, we are still just fine and as he says, if Securitas wouldn't place him somewhere else, which they probably would, he would, this time, definitely be able to draw unemployment so God won again. Duh. Anyway, I went to bed as Andrew was getting up to go to work.

Now we have today. My students take their final tonight and graduate. I have loved having them and will miss the diversion although I taught two classes in 5 months and am honestly ready for a break too. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and then am planning on going into the office to get ready for class and just check in on some things. Haven't really planned everything for this morning yet but I am sure it will be productive.

We did get quite a bit done yesterday morning, cleaned out the fridge and freezer, got some things put in the new freezer, got the living room furniture rearranged one last time and am ready for the ottoman that should come this weekend. Robert brought up the small fridge and put it in the garage to make life easier there too so it wasn't a complete bust on my plans.

So, here is to things being CALMER today!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: