Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Mom, Wonderwoman

I wanted to put this in a separate post, because I just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful my mom was for me through all of this. When I am down, I know she can always step in and fill in the gaps, I know it throws a wrench in her plans but she never seems to mind.

Tuesday afternoon, I was home alone, Andrew was at a meeting in Effingham and Robert was still at school. I went to lay down on the bed and realized I couldn't get up. I called Mom for her to stay on the phone with me while I tried to get up. I made it up even though I was screaming most of the time, as soon as I picked the phone back up, she said, "I'm on my way down, I didn't know you were by yourself". Sure enough 15 minutes later, she came through the door, she took my dogs out, waited on me hand and foot and stayed until Robert got home from school.

Yesterday, Robert had planned on Tika going to AWANA with us, Adam always spends Wednesday evening at our house and goes to AWANA with us. Mom came down to be there when they got home, then took them to Subway (her idea, not mine, there was food in the house and Robert could have fixed supper, but she thought they all needed Subway) then went to AWANA with them (new driving laws--Robert can't drive with more than one teenager in the car until next November unless there is an adult in the car also).

Thanks Mom for picking up the slack for me, you are the greatest!

3 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

You've got a great mom! I'm sure you would do the same for her! You have been in our prayers! Let me know if I can help out in anyway!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were that sick. Your mom is awesome. What would we do without her. She has been a lifesaver to us many times. Get better soon

Browningblog said...

Thanks for the prayers girls, they are ALWAYS appreciated. I wanted Becky to give me a shot and it all just "go away" unfortunately, it is taking time but I am a million times better now. I'm not too fond of stairs yet, the back still hurts but I'm getting there.

Yeah, Janelle, I don't get down very often, this one totally got the best of me!