Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Big Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

It is 3 A.M. and here I sit, I have laid in bed for a half hour and finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and get up. I am a little aggravated at myself, or at my body at least for thinking too much-- too many things running through my mind and too many things going on.

I start another set of classes tonight. I always get so nervous on this day. Who will my students be? Where are they at in the world of computers? Will we all get along? Will I truly be able to teach them anything that they can walk away with and make a better life for themselves? Am I going to be ready?

See what I mean? No room for sleep in there.

There are so many things going on at work right now, a lot of excitement, but a lot of stress at the same time. This class is just one of the many things.

Ameren will start shutting off again on April 1, you have no idea how many of our clients this affects. I am trying to come up with the best way to make the transition so we can try to keep them from being shut off. I was trying to get my work done yesterday (my helper made it in for half the day at least) and field questions about the shut offs and I may have made an unwise decision--that is floating around in the back of my mind too (and is probably, if I would admit it, the real reason for my sleeplessness), eventhough I have said I would worry about a retraction on Wednesday, I am worrying about that too. ARGH!!!

Then there is the laundry....I am STILL playing catch-up from being gone last week. My weekend was just as crazy as the week. Friday, Mom and I went to do some grocery shopping, Saturday was the Grand Prix at our church, which Andrew and I have ran since the very first race, Sunday was our day to go to Simple Blessings at Casey and sing, so our evening services basically started at 3 for me and the choir because as soon as we got back to Hidalgo, we practiced for the cantata until 6.

To top it off, I have promised myself a day off since Christmas--the day is supposed to be Thursday, but only if I can get everything done by then which makes Wednesday more like a Friday.

I am truly not complaining, just trying to get to the root of the frustrations. I honestly think if, in the next 4 hours, I can get the laundry completely finished and my kitchen floor mopped, life will be better. Is that crazy? Don't know but I probably better stop writing and start doing.

Again, Happy St. Patrick's Day (I think that means I will need to change my blog layout tonight-let's see if THAT happens!)

1 comment:

Blair Bunch said...

Too bad I didn't have mobile blogging, I got off work at 3am last night! We could have prayed together! I'll tell Ray and we will pray for a better week!