Friday, January 6, 2012

Winding Down Vacation

I started out Monday morning armed with a list of things to get done this week. Though I have a couple that are not 100% yet, I am really proud of what I have gotten done.
Those who know me well know I am an organizational freak, I bought a P-touch labeler on black Friday and am in the process of labeling everything I can think of. My first project of the week was the dog closet which is really a shoe organizer hung on the door to the attic. It is a great space though because I can fit all their toys, medicines, sweaters, hairbows, etc, in each individual pocket. The pockets now all have labels.

The next thing on my list was to clean out my kitchen cabinets; done.

I always wait until after New Year's to take down the Christmas decorations--they are down, with the exception of my nativity set, which belonged to my grandmother. I leave it on the fireplace mantel until Easter. It is one of my most treasured possessions and I feel it deserves more time than just a month before Christmas.

My coupons are cleaned out and organized, menus done for January, grocery list done for January and notebook set up to keep track of all of the above.

I have made three thank you notes, and am half way finished with a birthday card--those all accomplished in my new craft room.

I still have some work to do on the craft room before I post pictures. I am actually waiting right now to hear from a craigslist seller about a desk. I moved a smaller desk upstairs to replace the one I took downstairs but I just don't care for it like I thought I would. It just so happened I found an identical desk to mine on craigslist this morning, now I am just praying it is still available. If it is, Andrew and I will be taking a road trip.

So, I have two things on my list that MIGHT not be completely finished before Monday--straightening up my garage and getting the craft room completed. If we get to go the desk, they probably won't get done, if we don't, they will.

I am still very excited about the start to my year......and I hate to say it, but I am starting to having withdrawal from work too.

Love vacation but love the fact that I have a job that I WANT to go back to.

No comments: