Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good Morning World!

Another Wednesday, been back at work two days now, slowly but surely getting caught up for my time away. It has been hectic but it was really good to get back. Still thank God daily for my job.  I had the pleasure of sharing what I do with a family friend this week who is in college, she is trying to decide exactly what she is supposed to be doing with her life.....I hope I helped.

On health notes, I am down to 30 mg of prednizone again. So far, so good. I walked for a little over 20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday morning. I had walked a few times in November, but never made it past the 20 minute mark. I had sweat yesterday, felt really good. I got my Wii fit out Monday, it had been 300 days since I had been on it. That was when the doctor said no because he didn't want me twisting my severely inflamed bowels. I will try not to take exercise for granted ever again. It's like I told my doctor, I know I'm fat but believe it or not, I do like to exercise. He laughed....he would.

Coming off the prednizone, I officially started the counting calories and dieting thing on Sunday. I have lost a pound. Honestly pretty amazing with the dose I am on. Doc said I probably would see any movement until I was around 20. Lose weight just like you eat an elephant, one bite at a time, or in this case one pound at a time. I have no delusions of ever being a twiggy, just striving everyday to be healthier.

Still getting many projects accomplished, that feels great too. I have been getting several homemade cards made for upcoming birthdays, weddings, etc. cut out a pattern for Robert a new vest last night. I haven't sewn in years and with my new room, I can. I used to sew everything when Robert was little. I even made Andrew a wool overcoat, it was beautiful, he outgrew it. Robert wears it once in a while now though.

So, I have to say 2012 has started out great for us.

Tonight is AWANA night so it is "not much time at home" night. Robert has a ball game and work and since the jeep gets worse gas mileage than the van, I decided I might as well come home and get Andrew for AWANA. I normally just work over on Wednesdays, it's nice to be there without the hustle and bustle of the regular hours. I posted a recipe last week, should have posted my Pork Chops and Rice recipe last night, but didn't get pictures taken, I may post the recipe anyway, it is one handed down from my mom and a family favorite. Maybe tomorrow.

Andrew decided yesterday he was going to get the fitness bug too, he is downstairs exercising and it is just barely 5:30 a.m. An amazing feat since he tells me his body only recognizes one 5:00 a day.

Looking forward to the weekend, hopefully getting to go see Joyful Noise with a friend of mine. When I asked Andrew if it would be okay if I went to see that with someone else, his answer was, "That would be great, when I saw the trailer, I thought 'Mindy will drag me to that' ". It's gonna work out for all of us. One of my goals for 2012 (remember I don't make resolutions) was to spend more time with my friends. I got to have lunch with Amy and Vaneta last Friday, hopefully going to the movies with Kelley this weekend and the 27th I am going to a Scrapbooking night with Christina. I didn't get all my friends in there but it was an improvement. Should be a good month.

Robert's big news of the week--he kinda got in trouble for talking too much at work. Hard lessons learned, been there, done that. It's hard when talking is second nature. This is something I have had to work on a lot over the years and now he is to the point where he does too.

Life in a nutshell, not quite as adventurous as I think it used to be, but still a great ride, nonetheless.

Happy Wednesday my friends!

No comments: