Thursday, January 5, 2012

First project of the year-DONE!

and it isn't even MY project! 

We have been working on a few "combined" projects that will end up with one big one done....getting the shop ready for Robert to use to work on cars this summer.

A few years ago, we brought the old coal burning stove that was in my house when I was a baby. The guys put it in the garage and it was super. The drawbacks though, were it was huge, took up a lot of space and had a crack in it that spit out hot embers--not a good combination when you have a gasoline-powered vehicle in close proximity.

The guys decided they wanted a new box wood stove. With Christmas money in hand, they purchased one on Tuesday and got it installed yesterday. I love the fact that it also gives us security should an ice storm hit. We have a gas fireplace that we could use but it doesn't put out a lot of heat. We also have two kerosene heaters for the basement, but the wood stove in the garage is even fixed so we can cook on it. Just a nice comforting thought should the lights go out.

I made the list mentioned a couple of posts back---Andrew says it sounds like we are in for a busy year. I really think it is easy compared to some of the last lists though. Most are small projects, not huge undertakings. A few things here and there. New paint and border in one room, a floor refinished in another, counter tops, just "here and there" stuff instead of gutting anything and starting over. Looking forward to all our little improvements though.

I am working fervently on my craft room this week. Our basement is unfinished so it isn't going to be "beautiful" but functional is what I am aiming for, hopefully by Saturday I can post pictures of it. I am super-excited at the possibilities. To top it off, I have it set up to where I can work on scrapbooking and see a tv---one that is NOT showing football, or hockey, or nascar, that in itself will be a plus (sorry guys).

No comments: