Saturday, January 24, 2009

So it begins



Robert officially got a part in the musical.....Kenneth. We really have to admit we don't know who Kenneth is but we were very happy he got a part!

I have to tell on him though. The list posts at 6 p.m. so a little after 6, he told me I had to go with him because he was too scared to go by himself. He had tried out for Bum Fu, one of the chinese guys and even though, he wasn't picky about what part he got, he knew out of the ones that were being tried out for that was the largest part he would get so when we got there, he got out and went to look at the door. Jared Britton was standing there and told Robert congratulations, Robert looked at Bum Fu, saw he didn't get it, looked at the dancers and saw his name and told Jared, "you too" and came back to the van. He got in the van and I said "So???" and he said, "I didn't get a part" and I said, "I am really sorry" and he said, "It's fine, there was a reason". Where did he get this??? It isn't from me because quite honestly, I was hurting for him and he was like, "Hey, I still get to be a dancer" which I told him I felt like it was because he was such a good dancer last year (and he was).

So, he had to play at a ballgame last night so he dropped me off and went back to school. About 10 minutes later, he comes running back in the door..."I DID get a part!!!" You have got to get on the internet and look up Kenneth!" Well, I did, and all I could find was who played Kenneth on Broadway but we still don't know who he is. He had went back to school and everybody was congratulating him and he was thinking--okay????? Then Tika brought him a rose and was all excited and he was questioning her so SHE was the one to tell him that he actually got a part.

My funny boy.

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

Congrats Robert!!

Musical auditions are always such a heart break. So many talented kids, never enough parts to go around.

I am not familiar with this show, but I am really looking forward to it.