Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh I love my job!!

The greatest thing about my job is I get opportunities to really do something great for people. Because of confidentiality, I can't say a whole lot, but we have a client who is a single mom who is trying to get out of the system. She is in her second year of college at a junior college, heading for an associates degree. She is months away and she had a need that needed met that there was no way she could do it herself financially. This week, I got to help in making that happen. I am so excited and can't wait to hear how she reacts. As I said about teaching the other night, I don't get to be around the clients that much anymore but this girl was one of my computer students a couple of years ago, in fact, she claims that was what helped spur her decision to go back to school. Anyway, it has been like Christmas for me the last couple days (more so than Christmas was to me this year!)

Next week, my job is taking me to Springfield for most of the week, although I hate being away from my guys, I am looking very forward to this too as it is stepping out in a new adventure for our agency.

No comments: