Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Evening with My Mom

I had some major grocery shopping to do for Sunday's big party (the youth group + planning night= Superbowl Party at my house) so I took off work early yesterday afternoon, ran down and picked up my mom, who, besides her daily walk down the road with the dog, hadn't been out of the house since the snow hit, and headed to Mattoon and Tuscola shopping. We had a really great time and she even decided she wanted to eat at the Chinese place in the mall --I found this funny because we only introduced her to Chinese a few years ago and she wasn't overly excited. The food is really good in the one at the mall though and she found a lot of things she liked, including frog legs (yuck!) When we got back to her house at 9 last night, the temperature was -6! By the time I got back into Newton is was back to 9. Sometimes, I'm not sure I like having a thermometer in my van! Anyway, we had a great time, I really enjoy when we can get away, just the two of us for a while!

3 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

That is a good pic of ur mom! I'm glad you had fun!

Amber M said...

I live in Mattoon and love eating at the Jumbo Buffett, you just have to get there at the right times or wait for them to put fresh food out. It all is really yummy!!

Browningblog said...

I have only been there once that I wasn't excited, it was on a Tuesday around 7, and yes, we had to wait for them to bring fresh food. We have an office in Mattoon and anytime I go up there, we end up there for lunch.