Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Real "Snow"!!!

It has been a long time since Andrew and I had seen snow like this, Robert never remembers seeing this much snow. When we lived in PA it was a regular occurance. Our back yard had over a foot of snow in it, I haven't heard any "official" accumulations but I can show you what it was at our house---
I just loved this picture, it is right out our back door, the tree is ours, the barn, our neighbors but it is a pretty site.


The guys got to shovel snow ALL morning, where the snow plow had came through, there was a good three feet of snow. There was no way my van was going to get out even tomorrow. Andrew took the Jeep out first things this morning and of course, it busted right though but short of taking me to work tomorrow, something was going to have to be done about the driveway.















Check out the sidewalk, and my urn.....



At least I was being a good wife and mom and made hot cocoa, why is it marshmallows can never stay in supply in my house?????

(I think I got it hot, don't you?)

Andrew's brother Kevin lives in McAlester OK, they got ice instead of snow. Yesterday the had a half inch and the forecast was at least for a half inch more, hope they still have electricity by now!

I love these unexpected snow days, our office was closed today and it is one of Andrew's days off so we are all home. The guys are now working on changing the oil in the Jeep and I am getting ready to scrapbook. It has been a great day and it's not even 2 o'clock!

1 comment:

Blair Bunch said...

Isn't this snow fun!!! I've enjoyed the kids being home! I'm glad you got a free day with the family! Such a treat!