Thursday, October 2, 2008

Catch the Spirit...Live the Dream, part 2

What a morning I had just trying to get to work!! My van overheated about 3 mile outside of Newton. Of course, Andrew was still at work (and apparently on a conference call that the other member of management that I spoke to felt was more important that his wife being STRANDED along the side of the road!) I truly Thank the Lord that I live in Jasper County. I was on the phone with Robert (bless his heart for knowing cars!) he was talking me through the things to do just to try to get it home. John Birch drove by about then. In just a minute, here came John back, right about the same time Sheriff Ed Francis showed up. I will admit any time of day that I am very independent but one thing that I absolutely hate is that feeling that I am a sitting duck for anyone who would want to rob me, hurt me, or even just scare me. I am always very thankful to be back home in Jasper county, but this morning was one of those days that magnified just how grateful I am. Thank you John for taking me back home and thank you Ed for stopping just to make sure everything was taken care of. I have lived places that I know I would have sit out there and watched every car fly right on by (and honestly hoped that they would because the person in the cars would have all been strangers). Also, a big thanks to my mom and my son. Mom came and picked me and Robert up, took Robert out to the van with a bottle of water, he put water in, checked all the hoses and thought I could make it back to the house. When we got back to the house, he checked everything again and was sure it was safe for me to take it to work. Sure enough.

And Andrew? He finally got off of his conference call and noticed I had called his cell phone umpteen times, so he called immediately, nobody even told him I had called. So, I got over being mad at him and displaced the anger to the member of management that I talked to. I hope, and I mean this, that she is never in the same situation.

Again, I thank the Lord above for my friends and especially that I am living among them.

No comments: