Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh Please!!

I had to drive the Jeep to work today, Andrew was bound and determined that he better "check out" the van a little better so he took it to work last night ( I think he had visions of spending the weekend sleeping on the couch if I got stranded again) . I HATE driving the Jeep. I pretty much hate the Jeep all together, except when the top and doors are off. Anyway...we have had auditors at work all week this week. These are little "stuffed shirt" guys who are all CPAs. Their jobs of course, is to go over our work with a fine tooth comb. Well, this morning, here comes one of them into my office, I was on the phone, so he left. When I hung up, I went to see what he needed, he came back out of the board room and said "it isn't an audit question, but...Can I see your JEEP??" Gee whiz, what is with guys and jeeps--any single girls out there-buy yourself a Jeep, apparently it is the best bait around! Anyway, I gave him the keys and away he went. I was assuming that he was in the "wanting one" stage, he comes back in about 10 minutes later and says "That's a REALLY nice Jeep" (wish you could have seen his face) Anyway, he says, "I just bought a 2003 not too long ago, just something to play with." So of course, I told him the same thing I told Jon Fulton not too long ago, Andrew has spent more money on the Jeep in the last 6 months than he has on me our entire 16+ years of marriage (Andrew says this is an exaggeration, but I say if it is, not by much!) So then the guy had to hear about all the different tops he had for it, and what all he has done to it (believe me, I knew, I have heard it a million times). I was just dumbfounded. I always feel like I am having a second class day when I have to drive the silly thing to work. Not that the guy made me have any new found love for the Jeep. I just thought this was hilarious!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I have to agree about the jeep. A good friend of ours just seperated from his wife and needed a vehicle. He is now trying to play the single field again (although he has 2 grade school age daughters). Anyway, what does he buy but a JEEP. I just don't get it.

Browningblog said...

I think what was even funnier than this, is I was telling Melinda Blade about it while waiting to line up for the alumni to march in the homecoming parade. Ken is standing there and overhears what I am saying, his eyes get big and he says "You've got a jeep???" I said, "No Ken, my husband has a jeep." ( I don't even claim my name is on it!) Anyway, he has to hear all about it and then HE says, "Oh man, I have a 98, but I am saving my pennies to fix it up. I told him they were all nuts!