Sunday, October 12, 2008

Marching Eagles Place 2nd at ISU!

Yesterday, we traveled with the band to Indiana State University. We had an early performance, 9:30 our time, and they actually gave the awards for the smaller classes at noon our time. We were home by 1:30, which was a welcome change to the last few weeks and definatley a break before the final two weeks.

The kids did a great job yesterday, I mean GREAT. They marched the show the cleanest yet. I truly believe they got beat by "CUTE". The winning show was cute, and it really was, there was only about half of the band members but they were playing music that could really nail you to your seats. If there was just an award for being classy, Newton would have had it in the bag, they were Class with a capital C.


We came home yesterday afternoon and prepared for a family dinner. My sister, Nila and her husband Richard came down for the evening and to stay all night. They live at Lincoln, Il. I fixed a nice fall dinner and we spent the evening on the porch. Unfortunately, I always get so wrapped up in the visit I forget to take pictures. Maybe next time!!!


Here are some great pics of the band at Terre Haute though:

Robert and Tika sat with us yesterday and I got to meet a couple of her friends. Tika made the statement that she hates it that Shelby and Robert bicker at each other all the time. I had to laugh, Shelby is Jim Riddle's girl. They both come by it honest, Jimmy and I use to do that to each other all the time. Heck, we still do.

No comments: