Sunday, October 12, 2008

The letter......


I always dread coming home, getting the mail and finding a letter from Newton Community High School. My first thought is "what have you done?"This was a pleasent letter though, one that will have to go in the scrapbook. Robert was nominated for STUDENT OF THE MONTH!!! How cool!!!!


Mr. Ervin, his American History teacher nominated him and this coming Thursday I get to go with him to a breakfast honoring all the students of the month (Andrew has to work, darn it!). At the parent teacher conferences Mr. Ervin told us that Robert was just the kind of student you like to have, he gets involved, listens and is interested. We basically heard that repeated from all his teachers. Guess I'm not the only one that thinks he is a good kid!
One little note to add to this, the letter was signed by Amy Cummins, how cool was that? Amy is my friend Patty's daughter who just started teaching at Newton this year. I bet she was tickled to get to send the letter too.


3 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

No cheesy-ness intended in my words... Robert is a great kid! You have done a great job with him. You SHOULD be proud and don't let anyone let you feel any different. God has big things planned for Robert and it is fun watching him grow!

Mrs. Carr said...

Congrats Robert!

A said...

I almost put a little extra congrats in there to Robert..but I figured I shouldn't show favoritism! And I am always proud to sign off on all of the Student of the Month letters...especially those that I know! Congratulations Robert!

Mindy, check out my blog at rylanamyrusk.blogspot.com