Thursday, September 11, 2008


I was thrilled with our first group of kids. I got a text message from one of our girls saying they had a student council meeting so they couldn't make it (it used to be things didn't happen outside of church on Wednesday night, what happened to that?). Anyway, she was sure there would be 3 of them there next week. So, as you can see, we started out with 5 boys. 4 Sophmores and a Freshman. Several of them thought they would invite friends. We did our planning, laying out what they wanted to study, play and do for extra curricular activites. Is it any surprise that one of the first things on the list was a Super Bowl party? Hope the girls are up for it!
As excited as I was yesterday, it doesn't hold a candle to where I am today. We are going to have a TERRIFIC year!!!

2 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

Hey!!! Awesome group! Ray and I were discussing yesterday afternoon that if we want to set a specific goal (of any kind- participation, or attendance, or a special day or something) that 'Pastor' Ray and I would buy them pizza that Wednesday for a treat! Let's discuss it next time we see each other!! P.S. We bought those two empty seats between us at the ftball games. Now we can snuggle! ;-)

Nanny Fulton said...

Hi,
It was great to hear you had 5 High Schoolers at BTT. I'm sure there will be more.
We had 24 pre-register Wed. night.
Am looking forward to a great year.

On another note, The Band looks great in their new uniforms and I thought they sounded very good too.
Sorry I missed all the excitement Friday night, but listened to it on radio. Am trying to get over this nasty cold/flu.
Sheryl