Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall Festival Parade


So What do ya' think of the new trailer? It has taken a lot of planning over the summer, we had a couple of LONG band booster meetings, but thanks to David Mahaffy taking the reigns, we have the band a new 48" trailer. The other trailer had been around since I was in band, 1982 to be exact. It was well past it's prime. This one is bigger, and thanks to Randy Shryock leading up the design of the inside, it is tailored to the band's needs. We also bought new rolling uniform racks that we can roll down the back ramp and let the kids not be so congested trying to get all the equipment. I am very proud to have been a part of the Band Boosters as we made all this happen for our kids.


I am also VERY PROUD of these kids. What a group! On any given day, there are some of them at our house, or I get to be around them when we are at competitions. I have to say, we were close knit when I was in band, but I think these kids are closer.
I hate it when school districts think they can do away with band and chorus programs. I know not every school is fortunate enough to have what Newton has but I was in both and feel like I learned more about life from Band and Chorus than I did from the school books. For one thing, I learned way back then that when you want something, you not only have to work for it yourself, you have to work for it as a team. I also learned that coming home dog tired is usually worth it.
Another thing I have learned is when you work together on a program, there is more loyalty and friendship there than if you are just acquaintances.
Good Job Kids, You are GREAT!

2 comments:

Mrs. Carr said...

Love the trailer. Very classy!
BTW...love the new layout.

Blair Bunch said...

Sharp trailer and uniforms!! Ditto on the fall background!!!