Monday, February 2, 2009

The Party




Well, the party ended up to be a little on the small side. I'm not going to say it was a flop because we had a good time but some of the kids who on Friday thought they were coming found out their families had other plans for them and that was fine. Tika and Trygve were here so the five of us ate, played games, ate, won Dairy Queen gift cards, ate, watched the game, ate.....well, you get the picture. There was definately plenty of food.




As far as the game goes, most of us were rooting for the Cardinals. When I was in high school, I marched at a St. Louis Cards game and of course, Andrew's dad now lives just outside of Phoenix so we both had a little sense of loyalty there. Tika was rooting for the Steelers, so that meant Robert was too. I think Trygve was rooting for whoever was winning.




Trygve actually broke his arm Saturday and hasn't had it looked at by a surgeon yet, he goes today. We kept him on pain medicine and he acted like he had a good time but on the way home I could tell he was pretty quiet and had probably had a very long day. I am glad he felt up to coming though.




1 comment:

Sarah D said...

What a spread!!

I would have been happy that the numbers were few--more food for me!