Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy '"Just Because I Love You" Day


That was the words out of Andrew's mouth when he finished his latest honey do project. All my life, I had wanted a fireplace (pay no attention to the fact that the flash on the camera makes mine show how badly it needs cleaned- it doesn't look that bad in real life). Ever since we moved in, I have been in the process of making my living room perfect and someplace to spend more time in. Our major problem was there was no light in the room and it was too dark to do something like sit and read--Andrew put in a ceiling light, which I love when we have family and friends over but it still wasn't right just to sit on the couch, in front of the fire and read. Sooo, yesterday, Andrew put a Ground Fault outlet in the floor under my sofa. It had to be strategically placed so any way I wanted to rearrange the furniture, it would be hidden--yes the man has the patience of Job, because I ran through every scenario I could think of and I actually moved the furniture around until I found the perfect spot, then when that wasn't the easiest spot for him, he did it anyway.



Thank you again, Honey! I love you too!

2 comments:

Sarah D said...

Mindy, I love your house!!! It really is one of my favorites in town. Knowing who owned it before you makes its story that much more interesting!

Browningblog said...

Thank you Sarah, we love our home. And yes, the fact that Mr. Kerans lived here even made it neater ( I wrote a story about him in the yearbook). I will have to share some posts about some of the things left behind. I also need to look deeper into it's history because we have been told that the back part of our house used to be a maid's apartment, which makes sense. If I start finding more, I will have to share!