Monday, February 9, 2009

Barbecue Beef Filled Biscuits

Here is another quick recipe-- it too, came off of the Kraft website. Sunday nights are crazy at our house because Andrew has to be at work at 8, Robert and I have choir practice at 5 and church at 6, which Andrew tries to make church at 6 so we are all running different directions. I can make these Sunday afternoon, bake them in time for Andrew to get up at 4:30 and then reheat them for Robert and me when we get home from church. I actually change a couple of things, I use a couple spoonfuls more meat, which I use lean ground turkey instead of the hamburger and that way I use all 10 biscuits. This meal is EXTREMELY cheap, especially if you have time to make it to Aldi, where the biscuits are 29 cents a can. It's one of those "sneak veggies in" recipes. I have used different BBQ sauces and it was fine, of course, since it is the Kraft website, they recommend their own brands,but it is good with others too. This has been a favorite Sunday night meal around here for a long time!



1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef (remember just a couple spoonfuls more)
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/3 cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
1 can (7.5 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

BROWN meat in medium skillet; drain. Add green pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Add carrots and barbecue sauce; mix well.
SEPARATE biscuits. Press 1 biscuit onto bottom and up side of each of 10 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. SPOON meat-vegetable mixture evenly into biscuit cups, pressing filling into cups with back of spoon. (Filling will be mounded.)
BAKE at 375°F for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking 3 to 4 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.

Enjoy! I know I should have taken my own picture, but I took the easy way out and cut and pasted. They really do look like the pic above though- they were gone before I thought about it!

No comments: