Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Honey"

You know how they tell you when you are young parents that you are training your children in how to have relationships. Your actions towards each other shapes your child's view of what a loving relationship is supposed to be. Well, I have seen that come to fruition in a couple little things I have notice with Robert. The main one being his "pet name" for Tika.

Andrew and I very rarely call each other by our first names, if we do, it is usually because we are in a crowd and have already said "Honey" or "Sweetheart" and the other one hasn't heard us.

A few weeks ago as Robert was hanging up the phone, he said, "Goodnight Honey". At first I was a little shocked and thought "I'm not sure I'm ready for them to be calling each other "Honey" and then it occurred to me, we taught him that... He was watching and listening and taking it all in and honestly, with so many bad relationships in the world, it made me realize how thankful I was that he got to grow up in a loving home.

1 comment:

Blair Bunch said...

Did R tell you that Ray gave me R's cell # at the b-ball game and I texted him. Soooo funny! If he didn't I'll give you the whole story. I knew he wouldn't recognize my cell since it's our old Casey #. LOL!!!