Thursday, December 26, 2013

So This is Christmas

I have spent the greater part of the last hour trying to embed a music player, didn't work, so easy peasy version, play this: Okay, now that we have that going....as you know, if you have followed up to this point. I have had an absolute wonderful Christmas this year. I haven't added a lot of pictures and my sister took some yesterday that I hope to get copies of soon, but here it is so far..... The first big adventure in pictures, our trip to St. Louis with Nila and Richard... and a great snow while we were there!! Me and Andrew at Soulard Market...
Fun at the Old Spaghetti Factory....
The next day we went caroling with our church....what a great bunch of carolers!!
(and there were more behind me!) Just had to get a picture of Fred and Lela, one of our favorite couples in the whole wide world...
One thing I normally do for Christmas is make homemade presents for the girls at work....This year, I made Sugar scrubs and lipbalms....I didn't take pictures of the lipbalms :-( but ended up having enough of them to even share with our Sunday evening Bible Study group. I LOVE the feeling of giving someone something they aren't expecting!
So this is Christmas, literally, my house about 5 in the morning on Christmas Day.
Hopefully soon I will get the pics from Sis of Robert's big surprise. His last Christmas at home and I got him good....He had wanted a Surface, really badly. I explained that with the expense of his house and all the things going on there, he had a good job, he could get himself one in a few months and he was so totally fine with that. So he about fainted when in the bottom of a box that I had filled with Pampered Chef stuff for his kitchen was a Surface Pro 2 along with the keyboard. I was reading today about snot nosed kids who were unhappy because they didn't get exactly what they wanted for Christmas, my kid almost cried because he truly wanted this and truly NEVER expected it. Christmas day would have been perfect had my mom not been hurting so bad with her muscles and joints but she was a trooper and even went to the movies with us....we had never all went to a movie together and I think it was a great new tradition, one I will try to keep going. So these last two pictures are of the girls, I couldn't get them together, but just one at a time, this was today, after the guys were at work, Sis and Rich had left and I truly started to feel like I was on vacation..
So, this is Christmas......and what have you done? Another year over and a new one just begun.......I am really excited to make a new "bucket list" for the new year, not resolutions, just things I want to see happen in 2014...stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

We had a fun Christmas at my house, too. I love all the pictures and the fact that you make homemade gifts. So fun!

Browningblog said...

Thanks Rhonda, glad you had a good Christmas too. This one will go down in the books as one of my favorites. I didn't get to make anything last year, so I was really glad I got to return to my traditions this year. Merry Christmas!