Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FOUND!!! The forgotten Christmas songs

A couple of years ago, I had a song stuck in my head so bad that I mentioned it on facebook, asking if anyone could locate it. Several came up with a song by the same name, but it wasn't the same song. In either 7th or 8th grade, we sang "Christmas in a Small Town" and I absolutely loved this song. Big chunks of it was stuck in my memory but I just wanted to hear it again. I did another search yesterday and low and behold, a you tube video of a high school choir, many years ago, singing it.

So, let me share....

And then, if that wasn't enough, I decided to make a last ditch effort to find the OTHER long lost Christmas song....Christmas Candy.  I had literally looked for this song for years because it was on an album we had when I was little. I really thought it was on one of the True Value, "Happy Holidays" albums, so I was searching in the wrong direction. It was on the Snoopy Christmas album.

Anyway, for your holiday listening pleasure...... (and please keep in mind how annoying it is to have parts of this song stuck in your head, as I said, for YEARS, and not be able to hear it--btw, the easiest way to get a song "un"stuck is to listen to it start to finish)

Christmas Candy...... One more little magical thing about this particular Christmas. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season! Happy Tuesday!

No comments: