Monday, December 2, 2013

One Monday I don't have any desire to see again

You all know I normally love, love, love my job. Well, today, I still loved it, it just wasn't the greatest Monday. Anyway my day was probably even better than someone who dreaded going to work this morning so I'm not even going to complain, Sheila heard enough of my complaining to do everyone a while--and she too knows I don't normally complain.

Anyway, I got off work, rushed to Walmart because I have a half set up, half lit up Christmas tree. I have always been a stickler for wrapping each branch with lights as I put the tree together. Of course, the fiasco of a pre-lit tree, you couldn't do that so when I got the new tree, low and behold, I ran out of lights. I drove to everyplace in Newton that was open Saturday afternoon with no luck. Guess what?? Walmart didn't have any either--go figure. I called Andrew and asked how stupid two different sizes of lights would look on the tree, one size on the bottom and a different size on top, yes, he confirmed.....stupid. He was getting off work though and volunteered to go to Menards and see if they have them. He sent me a picture, he got them......my hero <3 .="" p="">
So, I ran to Aldi and then to Weight Watchers. You all know I was dreading going to weigh in but I did. It was bad. I have a LOT of work to do in the next 29 days. I want you to see a typical me thinking though. This will blow everyone who knows me as a control freak's mind.  All the way home, I thought, "I have had a bad day, I'm gonna go home and open the jar of real mayo I bought and slap it on the real bread that I bought with a piece of cheese and eat it. I LOVE mayonnaise and I love good cheese. I bought the regular bread and the mayo for Robert's lunch and because we are having hamburgers Wednesday evening and I counted 3 points so I could have a tablespoon of real mayo on my burger. But the cheese sandwich I was talking about was not on the menu today--it would have been an all out binge. I already had one of the girl's homemade cookies today (and counted it) I sure didn't need to sabotage myself with the cheese sandwich, so I walked in the door, grabbed a banana and let the air out of the binge. Now just a couple more hours, and lots to do before I go to bed. I am hoping to stay binge free the rest of the night. If I get through tonight, I am good until Thursday night, so you all may get to hear from me then too. As I said a couple of posts ago though, I NEED to use my blog as a journal right now and I truly believe just sharing what I did will help me get in the kitchen, make my meatloaf and potatoes and not do anything stupid....


and yes, I did do my C25K this morning....


Happy Monday
 

No comments: