Thursday, November 1, 2012

Life

To say it has been crazy the past few days would be the understatement of the year. I'm still lovin it but wow, am I ready for some downtime! 

On the Weight Watchers front, I hit 25 lbs Monday! 25.4 to be exact. I was at 27 last Saturday morning but a well deserved trip with two of my BFF's took us to the Cheesecake Factory, and yes, as a matter of fact, it WAS worth the pound and a half because it is a rare treat and I knew what I was doing. My pumpkin cheesecake experience will last me for months.  So, now I am heading for 10%, I am expecting it soon, very soon. Yes, do the math, not ready to say how much I weighed when I started but I never hit the 300 mark so you can pretty well figure from there.

On the AWANA front, we took our 1 High Schooler that showed up last night and borrowed Robert and went reverse trick or treating, calling it "Truth and Treat", we took candy, tracts and invitations to church out to some folks in the area. I think we had a really nice time. I had planned on making these little pumpkin peanut butter balls. I knew I would be pushing it to get home at 4:30 and leave at 5:30 so I asked Andrew to mix up the dough for me (I did at least lay everything out for him). At 3:00, I realized I wasn't making it home by 4:30, so I asked him to make them too, he did a great job, these are the leftovers:
aren't they cute?

On the work front: We spent a day in Springfield Tuesday that I really felt like we weren't able to get a lot accomplished. If we could make people who don't do our work everyday realize that none of us are motivated by money but by taking care of our clients, I think things would go a lot smoother. We go back for Round 3 next Wednesday. I am really honored to be on the steering committee but that mixed with my assistant being sick, my boss in interviews all day, along with being responsible to give each interviewee a test, topped with all the work I had to make up from being gone Tuesday made for an EXTREMELY crazy day yesterday. I never, ever, ever, use the F word and don't worry I didn't but I usually don't even use substitutes for the F word and yesterday I did. I shocked one of the fieldworkers and she emailed me apologizing for me having a bad day. That really kinda humbled me into remembering who I am.

Another one of the fieldworkers sent me a message at a quarter til 4 telling me how amazing she thought I was and that she didn't know how I did everything I did. At that point in time, I was really ready to cry. I can do everything  I do because I work with these amazing people who can accomplish more in a day than some people do in a life, because I have a back-up system at home that can make even the most waylaid plans still go right and most of all because I serve this AWESOME GOD who has chosen this path for me and reminds me daily that this is nothing compared to what it will be like to be in his presence.

Can't go without mentioning my weekend, I left the house at 6:30 Saturday morning, picked Tammy up in Heyworth at 9, and met Dani at the Cheesecake factory at 11:30. We talked, and ate and talked and then we went to IKEA for two hours, then to the Container store, then we said our goodbyes to Dani and started back toward home. Tammy got home around 7:30 and I walked in the door at 10 til 10. What an fantastic day!  We are all three doing Weight Watchers and between the 3 of us have lost 103 lbs. We are planning a trip hiking at Starved Rock in the Spring because we will be that much more fit. Think we need to plan at least one thing in between but we will wait a while on that.

So, tonight I am spending the evening at the NCHS Pops concert with my mom. Can't wait to see what Mr. Finley has accomplished with the group, he too had big shoes to fill but I am looking forward to great things. Saturday I am hoping to rally the guys early enough for a trip to a different Amish store and then I have GOT to get my hair cut and colored, the gray is peeking through way too much.

That's about it for now,

Happy Thursday!




No comments: