Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just checkin' in

So November is upon us, what a year it has been. And so incredibly fast. Of course, the first of November, I kick into "gearing up for Christmas" mode. I usually start planning stuff like designs for my homemade cards, what gifts I am going to make to keep at the door during the holidays, little things like that. So, Thursday morning, I started looking for Christmas card ideas and I have had this strong sense of "you shouldn't be doing this". So, with much fussing with myself, I have decided that one thing I can compromise on are the cards. I want to have time to do them and I know I could get them done if I set my mind to it but I really just decided to give myself permission not to make myself crazy this Christmas.

Last Christmas, because I was having a really bad UC flare, my mom fixed Christmas dinner at the last minute. For a few years, there were 14 of us for Christmas day and that kinda necessitated my house but the last few years it has just been the 6 of us so Mom's works fine. I honestly think she was happier and I know the guys were happier because I wasn't stressing out over dinner--of course, I was honestly too sick to care and ended up making three trips to the hospital for numerous tests (my doc is overly cautious about C-Diff with me). So, this year, I just asked Mom if she wanted to do Christmas dinner and she said yes. Whew! one more thing not to stress out about. I will still have my sis and Richard for overnight and will fix something for us to nosh on while we open presents but the them of my Christmas this year is going to be laid back. In fact, I "accidentally" heard my first Christmas song last night (I went to Walmart today, so of course,  I heard more but that's beside the point). I was listening to the best of Kenny G while working late last night. Right smack dab in the middle of that CD is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Each year I have a "theme song" for Christmas and I am pretty sure this song will be it. Now slow down, I am not getting the cart in front of the horse, just saying that when it's time, that will be the song and you have to admit, this is the month to "plan" things.

That being said, I have several things going in November that I am looking forward to. Wednesday I make another trip to Springfield, its turning into a once-a-week thing, glad I get to go but wish we could make some headway in what we are trying to accomplish.  On the 11th, we are having our Harvest Home celebration at church. Since it is also Veteran's Day, I am doing a PowerPoint of our Veteran's, looking forward to having that one done.

My momma will turn 73 on the 15th, I was planning on taking the day off but with the steering committee still meeting every week, I decided not to even chance it and made plans to spend the day with her on the 17th.

The day after Thanksgiving, Robert and I are making our normal midnight run and since we had such a great experience in Evansville, we are going back.....Now here's the kicker. We are going to Evansville, coming home, taking a little power nap and then heading to St. Louis to see Blue Man Group. Yes, as a matter of fact we are crazy, both of us and yep, we like it that way.  To top it off, our seats are in the 5th row, two off from center, how cool is that?

Andrew turns 48 on the 27th, he has already told me and Robert several things that is "the only thing he wants for his birthday", we shall see.

Today I went to have my hair done, I had her color it darker and I love it (get on facebook and see it, it is my profile picture now). Mentioning that, if you are not my friend on fb, feel free to friend me. I don't friend people very often, just funny that way but I love having friends :-) so be my guest.

Andrew and I also went to the Amish store today, one we had never been to but that we will definitely visit again. we found Lebanon bologna and Birch Beer, two very neat Pennsylvania treasures that you just don't normally find around here, we also found Sweet bologna which is also native to the area we lived in 19 years ago. Now if we just had some Grandma Utz potato chips, life would just be grand.

On our way to the store this morning we were reminiscing about us before we were us and just worked together at Wallyworld. It's funny, seems the whole world knew we were going to get together before we did, I'm just glad they were right!

Happy Saturday y'all, enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight!  I sure will!

No comments: