Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blue Man Group

I think you could say we had a perfect Black Friday. Robert and I left around 10 Friday morning and headed to St. Louis. Our first stop was St. Louis Mills, which is apparently now "St. Louis Outlet Mall", don't know what happened there but the stores are still the same so I guess it's no big deal. We went and ate at Chevy's, I ate too many chips, way too many chips, which explains why I had shrimp for lunch, a french dip from Arby's for supper, got 150% on my activelink and was STILL up 2 lbs this morning. Today I am going easy on everything as far as eating, I have got to get this under control before Monday! 

After lunch we walked the entire mall, if you have ever been there you know it's huge. We found a few bargains at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Bath and Body Works, and the Croc store. We went to play black light mini-golf and then I whooped Robert in air hockey (7-0, yep, I still got it!). After a visit to Cinnabon (Robert ate, I didn't), we moved along.

We went in search of Harbor Freight and I did some actual Christmas shopping for the kid as well as hitting Family Christian Store and finding tons of bargains.  We still had a little time left and I remembered that years and years ago, there was a JC Penney outlet store somewhere. I found it and picked up a few more great deals.  After eating supper at Arby's we headed for the Fox. The last two times we have been there, we have found awesome spots in the parking garage just across from the door we always come out of. This time was no different, we were probably 20 steps from the door to the van.

So, we go in, find our awesome seats--5 rows back, two off from center and wait to start the show. At the very beginning of the show, there are these big lighted message boards. So it starts out, "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please, if I have your attention, please yell". We did. So it went on to tell us there were some very special guests in the audience, Olympic medalist Laura somebody--sorry, can't remember, we all told her congratulations. Then we moved on to this guy who was one of the first civilian visitors to space, also telling him Congrats. Then they pointed out this guy name Philip who was just an ordinary Joe but we told him we were glad he was there. Then the freaky part happened.

The board says, "We have heard that Mindy Browning has a headache, let's all help Mindy get rid of her headache," Everybody tell Mindy to shut her eyes, "Shut your eyes Mindy", now tell her to pretend she is in a meadow, "Pretend your in a meadow", now tell her there is a cow, "There is a cow", now tell her to kill the cow, "Kill the cow". Okay, yes, the whole thing was more than a bit surreal and yes, it really did happen. Directly after that, they started the show.

I was asked to take pictures but they wouldn't let us. They had a meet and greet afterwards but we had done that when we were in Chicago and we knew we had a 2 hour drive home so we skipped it. So, here is a picture of me and Robert at the Fox....


and here is a video of one of the parts we saw (this was in Orlando but it was exactly the same....







It was a really, really cool night and then to top it off, we pulled in the drive at 11:55, thankfully, Robert drove home so I had a nice nap to boot.

No comments: