Tuesday, November 6, 2012

10%

Anyone who has went to Weight Watchers in the past few years knows that your first major goal with them is to lose 10% of your weight. Last night I hit that mark, went a little over it even. 

So I got the keychain that I can add my 25lb washer to. At the meeting I am 4.2 lbs away from being back to what I weighed when I started work at the Greenup office. I am less than 30 away from where I was when I started work at the Olney office.

I have to say, I have not felt deprived, or like I have sacrificed anything. Last night, I figured out that I could have a small loaded baked potato bites from Arby's and a double cheeseburger from Steak and Shake and still stay under points. They were good, really good and even though I felt like I was sinfully cheating, I knew I wasn't. The scales showed down 2 lbs just from yesterday. That will fluctuate over the week and I know it but I love the fact that I have the freedom to eat exactly what I want and still lose weight. It just takes planning.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran across this article "What Weight Watchers doesn't tell you". I had to laugh because all the stuff they said Weight Watchers didn't tell you--which boiled down to "you will have to do this the rest of your life if you want to keep the weight off", Weight Watchers DOES tell you. They even let you come for free as long as you stay in your goal weight and then if you have gained, you only pay until you get back there.

For me, this time, losing weight is not just something I want to do for the moment. It is who I want to be for the rest of my life and you can only go two ways there, you can get up every morning, take the best care of yourself that you can, exercise, eat right and live life to the fullest or you can get up, say, "I don't care" and watch the weight come back. I have finally reached the age where I realize the first one is not being self-centered, it is being responsible.

So, next week, I need at least 1.2 lbs to reach my next goal. At this rate I am seeing maybe a size 18 by the first of the year and yes, I will have to venture out and see if I can really were an 18 in regular clothes. Of course, an 18 would still make me overweight, seeing as how I am 5'2" but it would be the start of where I want to be. My original goal before my car was to not be wearing plus sized clothes, I have changed it though and want to be at least a size 12 before I get my car. I think ultimately I would like to be back to a 10. I wore a 10 when I lost weight with Phen-Phen, two years after Robert was born, of course then I quit smoking and let myself gain it all back and then more, and then more.

I am not giving myself a set time frame for the 12 or 10 either one because even though I am going pretty quick right now, I have a lot to lose. When I get closer to goal, I know it will slow down and I am prepared for that.

Since I have been going, 15 weeks, I have had one week that I gained, all the others I have lost. On that same note, I take the birth control pills that you only have a period once every three months--wanna guess which week I gained? I knew what it was, pushed right on through it and the very next week I was down 3.8 lbs.

Today, I have the day off, Andrew is off, Robert gets out of school at noon and we don't have church tonight. I am planning right now for dinner out with the guys tonight, planning on getting some walking in this morning and planning for a great day.

My biggest secret is not keeping it a secret. Wow, had I known what a difference that would have made, I would have told the world every time I started to Weight Watchers.

For me, failure is not an option--that apparently only holds true when someone knows I fail!

Happy Tuesday everyone--GO VOTE!!!

No comments: