Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome to February

Okay, here is my monthly menu for February. You can click on the actual menu to get a bigger view. As you can see we have a wide variety. Most of which is already bought. I use the first week in the month to buy the rest of the necessities to fix these meals (except for fresh stuff) and then spend the rest of the month only buying what is on sale and/or I have coupons for. For instance, our local store ran a special on Chicken breasts a couple weeks ago, 3.99 for a 3 lb bag, there was a limit of 2, so Andrew went and got 2, Robert went and got 2, and I went and got 2. That should get us through 3 months, which is how far I try to go out when shopping sales. I also got hamburger for $1.87 a lb last month, I bought 15 lbs. I honestly think I have all the meat for this month except the corned beef for the reuben ring and the steak. Before I started the menu, I asked the guys what they were hungry for. Robert's answer was the steak, Andrew's the Manicotti. As you can see, Wednesday night is prepared foods, I normally don't come home from work on Wednesday evenings until after AWANA, this gives Robert direction for his supper before he comes to AWANA and Andrew knows what he can fix himself when he gets home from work. Being prepared also switches me from wanting to go out for dinner because I don't know what to fix to wanting to go out for dinner because I want to go out for dinner. I will try to put some of the recipes on here for the casseroles, the corndog casserole is cheap, easy and well-liked. The Ravioli bake is also a crowdpleaser here, I have two kinda italian nights in a row, but at my house, that isn't a big deal.

No comments: