Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ode to Whitney

Yes I am sad, no I am not shocked. Another life cut short. I love Whitney Houston's music. I honestly remember the first time I saw this video on Friday Night Videos--before MTV hit my house.

Takes me back to those days. Life was good, not as good as it is now, but good. I am sure I had just got home from a night of running around with my friends, which was typical Friday night fair. I absolutley loved her voice and it didn't change when "How Will I Know", The Greatest Love" or even her remake of Dolly's "I Will Always Love You" came around ( I will STILL sit and watch "The Bodyguard".

RIP Whitney, by the sounds of the reports already, you had a tumultuous last few days, not much different than the rest of your public life.

Your music will be missed.


No comments: