Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Onward through another week

Wednesday is here again, hard to believe it is the 2nd one in February already. This year is going faster than ever. Of course, things are never calm around here, and it seems right now is as crazy as ever.

Andrew went to the surgeon Monday evening, we now have his surgery scheduled for the 23rd. I was wanting them to say, "We better get this done tomorrow", but they didn't. So, now, he has two weeks of trying to be very careful. He is still going to work but isn't supposed to even lean over to tie his shoes. Thank goodness he has one pair of dress slip-ons or he would be in trouble. I could tie his shoes of a morning, but what if one came untied? Anyway, hurry up and wait.

Robert goes to Chicago to the Auto Show on Friday. I know he is excited, this is something he has always wanted to see. I know for the next two years he will go with school, but I have a feeling he will always find a way to go even after that.

Work is a big focus for me right now, lots of things going on. I fought a laptop yesterday and won. It had been a while since I had a real challenging one, but this one was it. I had two to work on, trying to get a new wireless modem to work on them. The first one took me about 10 minutes to figure out the problem and it should have been the solution for both laptops, but it wasn't. I wrestled with the second one from about 10:00 Monday morning until yesterday afternoon, but they both work now, that's the important thing. Lots going on with our Percentage of Income Payment Plan too. Working on  getting it ready to go for next year and keeping our current clients going. Looks like I am going to get to help with the training for the state, that's just one of those "cool" things. I know I don't talk about my job much to people. It is mainly because I get to do so many neat and cool things and I love it so much that I am afraid I will come off as bragging, and I don't mean to.....I just have a really, really neat job.  I go to Decatur on the 17th to learn a new portal for Ameren, this will help out a lot- hope it works as well as it is supposed to. Also helping the Weatherization guys get powerpoint presentations ready for their conference in March. Lots going on, but as you can tell, I'm lovin' every minute of it.

I have my root planing done next Tuesday, my teeth are just now getting over being sore from the last visit. Not sure I am really looking forward to this one but know it will be better for me in the long run.

I'm down to 15 mg of prednisone for the UC, things aren't as perfect as they were when I was on the 40 but they aren't bad. I am thinking with the trauma to my system of the root planing, I am going to stay on the 15 another week, my doctor had told me if I had anything too drastic going on, to stay where I am until I get through it, so I am choosing to do that.

Looking a bit into taking a trip to see Andrew's grandma when we all take vacation the first week of March. Funny how things work out. Andrew took vacation because we have the Grand Prix at church on the 3rd. I took vacation to spend some time with him and get a couple of projects done here at home then low and behold, I realized Robert was on spring break, so we will all be together! Robert has Monday's and Tuesday's off from work so we could take an overnighter, see Grandma and still come home and get a couple things done. Sounded pretty perfect to me.

Once again, life in a nutshell.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: