Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!!

I think we could call September a rough month. Seems like nothing went as planned for us. October WILL be better!!

For the moment, Andrew's life is the calmest, but he has inventory the 4th week so it's still not going to be a walk in the park. He also has a couple other irons in the fire that can just cause a little stress.

Robert has 4 band competitions, one exhibition at our own competition, the homecoming parade and two more football games to play at for band.
He has IMEA tryouts for chorus on the 12th. Besides the fact that report cards come home the end of the month, I think that is his October in a nutshell.
I have went around and round with him about a job. Most of his friends are now working a steady job and he thinks he should be too. I really believe, because of the dyslexia, he has to put more effort into keeping his grades up. He has more A's than anything right now and I would like to see it stay that way over the next two years. He works for a few of his farmer friends when he gets the chance and his help is invaluable around here- I couldn't be gone as much as I am if he didn't help out. So, for the moment, he is working when he can for who he can.

I think it is my October that is feeling a bit like warp speed. I am on a now 18 day countdown to get everything done for everybody. The 18th, a coworker and I leave for Lexington KY for a conference on payroll software. This is for a system that is used pretty well exclusively by Government agencies. They are putting us up in an "all suites" hotel, Carol and I each get our own rooms---they may have to drag us out Wednesday when it is time to come home!! To top it off, Carol sells Beauticontrol on the side. They are the ones that come to your house and do spa treatments. She is bringing her spa stuff with her!! See why I have my eye on having everything else out of the way when we leave?

Meanwhile, back to the here and now. I go to Lawrenceville and Bridgeport today to work on Computers, play with the Alumni band tonight at Powder puff. Work in the morning, off at noon to be in the Homecoming Parade, and play with the band tomorrow night. Saturday I plan to get my spring bulbs set out, and go to Robinson to a band competition. Next week, we have a Band Booster meeting on Monday night, my final class on Tuesday, Awana Wednesday, PT Conferences Thursday, my first Keep Warm Illinois Workshop of the year on Friday and the Band Classic Saturday morning, where I do the tabulations for the scores--believe you me that is a scary job to have! That Saturday we go to Effingham. On the 11th, we sing at Simple Blessings in the afternoon. On the 12th, I have the day off and am planning on hitting COVERED BRIDGE!! Yeah!! U of I is that Saturday and that brings us to the 18th. Sometime during the next 18 days, I need to install 11 new computers. 5 of them new installs for our new Weatherization building in Greenup and 6 "re" installs which means I have to pull all the documents, emails and programs off of the old machine and put them on the new ones --these are on computers in Richland, Crawford, and Jasper counties. I don't mind doing this, in fact I love doing everything mentioned above. I was bouncing around the office yesterday just happy about all the new things happening--we are also getting new internet pipe in our office, this will bring in another router and more challenges but I am up for them.

Well, Day 18, here I come!

P.S. While typing this I got an email from Sarah @ Sarahsellz, my new orange and blue purse will be waiting for me when I get home this evening! Thanks again Sarah. I am always the one that misses something the first time and she has to "keep her eye out" to find what I was looking for. I am so excited that she was able to find it.

Thanks again!

Happy October!!

No comments: