Saturday, July 4, 2009

June in Pictures, Part 1

This is my uncle's (and my mom's) garden--ONE of them. There are many, my uncle is 82 years old and insists on doing all this gardening every year. This year, my mom has helped a lot, I can't even begin to tell you how many plants there are, I know there was over 500 tomato plants set out though.
First week of June, VBS. Robert has been in charge of games for the last three years, he loves it. I always think he would make a good teacher but by the end of the week he is saying--uh, no..

Andrew played Pharoah one night during VBS. The kids had to give him "boils" which were different colored stickers, they even covered his glasses with stickers! --this is probably one of those things these kids will remember about Andrew for the rest of his life.




I was in charge of "dockside drive-in" we had a blast!



On Saturday the 6th, Robert and I went to St. Louis to see "Rent" at the Fox, okay, not my favorite musical but it was okay. I wish the storyline didn't have to exist, but it does and it is more real than many musicals I have been to. My "social work" side came out immediately as I kept wanting to find ways to help make these peoples lives better. Anyway, we ate a Deli on "The Hill" GREAT food! Then went to the play. On our way through Lebanon (we had hit Fairview Heights to do a little shopping) we spotted a car show. Not letting Robert stop at a car show would have ruined the day. This is ONE of the more than 100 pictures he took.



No comments: