Friday, April 17, 2009

WOW!!!

The muscial is awesome! There is some amazing talent in this little rural county. Four of my friends from work came to see it last night, they were totally amazed too.

Sharon (Head Start director, my friend who won the car) has a daughter that is an actress (she's done a few small tv parts but her main focus is stage). Sharon has spent most of her life going to plays and she is always just over the top about our kids.

I think they truly get the "no small parts only small actors" thing and I don't think there was one "small actor" in the bunch. It took every one of them to make the show what it is and everyone of them was giving it their all.

And since having a blog has got to be some percentage "bragging on your kids" I will have to tell you I think Robert did awesome too. His hardest part was when he was being the butler and taking a tray of drinks around. I guess earlier this week, they sprung martini glasses on him. Then people take drinks off his tray so it redistributes the weight. I understood completely why it made him nervous.

As Andrew and I were leaving last night, one of the costume designers told me "Good Job with that kid". I thought that was pretty special, he is a great kid. She proceeded to tell me how well he pitched in and helped anywhere he was needed. He really enjoys that too. She also told me how excited he would get about his costumes-- I told someone yesterday I think Robert is like a live Ken doll to the costumers (He has 5 different outfits).

Last night, he made it home at 11, and had homework, so we were up until 12 while he finished that. T0day he has to be there at 7 am to get ready to do the performance for the jr. high. As soon as that is done, he gets to come home and rest, then back tonight at 5:30. I think we are all glad tomorrow is Saturday which translates into some rest!

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Mindy,
It was GREAT!

I did not know what to expect, and maybe that was a good thing.

I am thinking about going again on Sunday!

Sarah

Blair Bunch said...

We had a great time! We decided to leave at intermission. I was running a temp then and we sat at the top corner so to avoid 'infecting' anyone. The kids had tears when we mentioned not beng able to go. I am really impressed by the talent! Maybe sometime they can to a 30 minute version for little kids! LOL! Great Job Robert!

Browningblog said...

Melissa, Sorry you had to miss the last of it, hope you are feeling better!!